Metal Types

Gold fill


What is Gold Filled?


“Gold-Filled” is a USA industry standard that legally requires 1/20th or 5% pure gold by weight. It’s a strictly regulated process that involves pressure bonding multiple layers of 14K gold with extreme heat over a core of high quality jeweler’s brass resulting in a durable, quality real gold product. A gold sheet is wrapped around the base and then heat is used to fuse the gold layer and the underlying core together.

 Gold filled is not the same as gold plating. It does not flake off, rub off or turn colors. The gold on gold filled is around 15 times thicker than gold plated jewelry.

Gold filled jewelry is an economical alternative to solid gold jewelry with the same beautiful look. Gold filled wears, looks, and lasts like solid gold because its outer surface is solid gold.



Sterling Silver


What is Sterling Silver?


Sterling Silver is an alloy that is almost fully comprised of pure silver. Sterling silver is 92.5% pure silver and is considered a precious metal. The remaining 7.5% of the alloy is usually copper.

The primary reason the copper is introduced to the silver is to add additional strength and durability, while still preserving the ductility and appearance of pure silver.

Pure silver on it own is naturally malleable, therefore not idealistic for jewelry.